Promotions and Awards
- Alfredo Mirandé and Jan Stets received the 2022 Outstanding Graduate Student Mentor Award.
- Jan Stets was promoted to Distinguished Professor of Sociology.
- Burke, Peter J. and Jan E. Stets. Forthcoming. Identity Theory: Expanded, 2nd Edition. New York: Oxford University Press
- Schmidt, Marshall R. and Amy Kroska. 2022. “Why Does Occupational Prestige Affect Sentencing Outcomes?: Exploring the Perceptual Mediators.” American Behavioral Scientist. https://doi.org/10.1177/00027642211066056
- Nieri, T., Webb, M., Goodwin, D., & Yoo, M. (2022). A culture of health and alcohol permitted events at a U.S. university. Journal of Prevention. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10935-022-00686-z
- Stets, Jan E. 2021. “Micro, Meso, and Macro Processes in Identity Change: The 2020 Cooley-Mead Award Address.” Social Psychology Quarterly 84:286-308.
- Sarah Murray starts in the fall as an assistant professor at Commonwealth University.
- Evelyn Pruneda starts in the fall as an assistant professor at California State University, Chico.
- Sara Bruene received the Oskar Morgenstern Fellowship for training in quantitative methods at the Mercatus Center at George Mason University.
- Sara Bruene was invited to the 2022 Russell Sage Summer Institute for Migration Research Methodologies at UC Berkeley.
- Tyler Cohen, Elvira De La Torre, and Luis Higinio were accepted into the CHASS-National Humanities Center Summer 2022 Graduate Student Instructional Academy.
- Elvira De La Torre received the Presley Center Student Fellowship for the Fall of 2022.
- Humberto Flores received the Graduate Research Mentoring Program Fellowship for 2022-23.
- Corinne Tam was elected to the American Sociological Association Student Forum Advisory Board.
- Sara Bruene received the 2022 Department of Sociology’s Graduate Teaching Assistant Award.
- Ralph Pioquinto received the 2022 UCR Graduate Division Graduate Teaching Assistant Award.
- Huft, Justin. 2022. "The History and Future of the Sociology of Therapy: A Review and a Research Agenda.” The American Sociologist. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12108-022-09534-3
- Isabel Fryett received the Department of Sociology’s Outstanding Undergraduate Award and its Outstanding Capstone Award.
- Kodiak Ly received the Department of Sociology’s Outstanding Graduate Award and its Outstanding Service Award.